FORRÓ NEW YORK WEEKEND 2021 - Autumn Edition
Time & Location
About the Event
FORRÓ NEW YORK WEEKEND 2021 - Autumn Edition
The COVID situation in the world is always changing, and will continue to change until it is no longer a threat. We have considered this situation greatly, and have come to the following conclusion(s) about the upcoming Festival.
Proof of vaccination is highly ENCOURAGED by Forró New York, but NOT mandatory for participating in this event.
AT THE TIME OF THIS WRITING:
- New York City has a very high vaccination rate and a very low positivity rate. It is one of the safest places in the country to be right now.
- Indoor dining restrictions have been lifted.
- It is not required to wear a mask outdoors, and in many retail locations (Starbucks, supermarkets, etc.) it is not required to wear a mask indoors if you are vaccinated (honor policy.)
- NYC’s regular forró events, even the ones indoors, have no mask mandates.
Most New Yorkers have been dancing outdoors AND indoors without masks for quite some time.
The Delta Variant might cause NYC lawmakers to change things, and we promise to stay alert and aware of these policies, and change the policies of this event if that happens.
We know that not everyone is as comfortable with maskless indoor events as much as NYC seems to be. For that reason, here is what we will be doing to help make people more comfortable with participating in the Festival:
- We will give special wristbands to event participants who furnish PROOF OF VACCINATION. This way, if you are someone who only wants to dance with vaccinated people, you can simply look at a wrist and make that choice for yourself. If you ARE vaccinated, we kindly ask that you do this, as it will help others feel more comfortable at the Festival. The more comfortable people are, the better the Festival will be for everyone.
Please send proof of vaccination (photo in the form of .jpg, .pdf, .png is sufficient) to Cindy Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your full name(s) prior to the event. You can also show proof when you first check in, but it will be faster for you if you send it in advance.
- At workshops, the room will be split into two sections: one for people who DO NOT WISH TO CHANGE PARTNERS and the other for people comfortable changing partners. If you are uncomfortable dancing with unvaccinated people, we just ask that YOU find a partner you are comfortable dancing with during that workshop. Unfortunately, we cannot offer a “match making” service at this time.
- We ask that EVERYONE be respectful of everyone else’s boundaries. If someone refuses a dance for ANY reason, whether it is COVID-related or not, we should respect that. Also, if you see someone wearing a mask at a workshop or one of the parties, please consider offering to wear yours for the duration of the dance.
- We will have masks and sanitizer available at the events and workshops.
If the event is canceled, due to a change in NYC restrictions that requires us to cancel, full refunds will be given.
Unfortunately, refunds will not be given for any other reason.
Tickets ARE transferable, so if there is any reason you cannot attend, you may give or sell your ticket to someone else. Just send an email to email@example.com telling us the name of the person who will be using your ticket instead. If you are looking for someone to sell to, there are a couple of local WhatsApp groups we can recommend to you to post your offering.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: By joining us (Forró New York) for this event you hereby RELEASE and DISCHARGE its organizers, hosts and participants from any and all liability, claims, demands or causes of action that you now have, or may have in the future, for injuries, damages, death and/or economic loss of any kind or nature, arising in whole or in part out of the activities, advice or information contained herein. You further agree that if you or someone under your supervision uses the information on this website, you assume all risks of injury, damage, and economic loss, without limitation, and release providers from all liability therefore. It is advisable to consult a doctor before you begin any strenuous physical activity. The organizer is not trained for emergency medical procedures and no doctors, nurses or ambulances will be present at the Festival.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and if you have any questions, please reach out.
Looking forward to meeting, seeing, and dancing with you!
Rafael Piccolotto de Lima
And the Forró New York Weekend 2021 - Autumn Edition Organizational Team
- Sold OutFull Pass (Early Bird 1)$95+$9.50 Tax & fee$95+$9.50 Tax & fee0$0
- Sold OutFull Pass (Early Bird 2)$110+$11 Tax & fee$110+$11 Tax & fee0$0
- Sold OutFull Pass (Early Bird 3)$125+$12.50 Tax & fee$125+$12.50 Tax & fee0$0
- Full Pass$150+$15 Tax & fee$150+$15 Tax & fee0$0